We receive compensation for some links on this blog and are always grateful if you use these links to support our content. Any opinions expressed in this post are our own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by our advertising partners. ,
Don't miss our "21 Must-Have Essentials for Summer Travel" for 2017.
American will be making changes to meal service in domestic first class cabins beginning September 1. The move is to standardize service across the board as a continuing step of the merger with US Airways. These first class meal service changes will eliminate plated meals on most flights under 2 hours and 45 minutes.
For most markets, the following chart will now apply:
This move also eliminates dinner service on flights departing after 8 pm.
There are some market exceptions where a meal will still be served:
- Dallas/Fort Worth, flights to/from Detroit, Chicago, and Salt Lake City
- Chicago, flights to/from Boston, Washington Reagan, Denver, New York (JFK/LaGuardia), Raleigh/Durham, and Dallas/Fort Worth
- Miami, flights to/from Houston and Port-au-Prince
- New York JFK, flights to/from Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, and Tampa
- Fort Lauderdale, fights to/from New York JFK and Port-au-Prince
For everyone else, it’s time to get used to the snack basket!