We receive compensation for some links on this blog and are always grateful if you use these links to support our content. Any opinions expressed in this post are our own, and have not been reviewed, approved, sponsored, or endorsed by our advertising partners unless otherwise specifically noted.
Don't miss our "21 Must-Have Essentials for Summer Travel" for 2017.
In the Round Up, we share the most interesting things we’ve found around the internet.
During the week, I came across a number of interesting things that seemed worth sharing. Some of it is travel related, some of it not. Enjoy!
- The Star Wars 8 title and trailer and title have finally been announced! The Last Jedi, due out in December, will continue the main story line. Yes, this is gratuitously nerdy but with all the political rancor of late, isn’t it nice to have a rebellion everyone on the planet can root for?
- There are some seriously important life lessons to learn from The Twilight Zone. A TV critic watched every episode of the series with his daughter and found the show has some extremely useful guidelines for us. He wrote a book entitled Everything I Need to Know I Learned in the Twilight Zone: A Fifth-Dimension Guide to Life containing 50 life lessons he learned from the iconic series.
- Now I have hard proof of what I’ve been thinking for years. It turns out, farting in front of your significant other is actually a good thing. I can’t make this stuff up, y’all 😉
- From Andy’s Travel Blog… This week, Qatar Airlines unveiled a new suite in business class. The QSuite is an impressive offering. Being able to open up two suites into one area is a great idea for those traveling together.
- In celebration of International Women’s Day this past Wednesday, Grab a Mile told us about the first all-female crew to fly around the world.
- A recent Boston Globe article suggested that middle-aged men are at a greater health risk from loneliness than from obesity. I suppose I’d better get on Facebook more!
- Everything is better with ranch dressing. Period. Now you can get a ranch dressing fountain from Hidden Valley. It’s much like its chocolate-spewing cousin. However, instead of strawberries, you hold cauliflower under the creamy cascade of buttermilk and spices. And considering this will attract so many friends over, you won’t have to worry about the possible side-effect of gaining a few extra pounds.
Do you have an interesting story to share with the Round Up? Email us at jetsettershomestead (at) gmail (dot) com