We receive compensation for some links on this blog and are always grateful if you use these links to support our content. Any opinions expressed in this post are our own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by our advertising partners. ,
Don't miss our "21 Must-Have Essentials for Summer Travel" for 2017.
Welcome to the Round Up where we share all of the random things we stumble upon while
surfing social media going about our daily business. Nothing makes travel delays or lengthy conference calls more palatable than great stories.
- The Military Frequent Flyer shared a great use for those awkward Polaris amenity cases you might be collecting on United these days. While not something we can personally do, it has inspired me to think of more creative uses for all the random amenity kit cases I’ve been hoarding.
- I’m quite impressed by these NBA player potatoes. Seriously. Like so much so that I just asked Jim to pick me up a baked potato for dinner while he is out. Just not one of these… they might be too sweaty to taste good! But what an impressive marketing campaign!
- Yesterday we shared some video of some very rowdy twin toddlers. Today I see this story about a mom trying to fly solo with twin lap children. I cannot even imagine!
- Speaking of parenting power, I wrote a couple of years ago about airport programs for kids with autism. Now Sesame Street introduces a new puppet, Julia, who is autistic. Yay for normalization… many of my friends who have children on the spectrum are applauding this move!
- And finally, I leave you with a cool story out of Austin, home of the weird and fantastic. A bad grade in a University of Texas government class in 1982 inspired this student to have the US Constitution amended. And he succeeded. But it gets even better… you’ll have to read it to find out how!
Do you have an interesting story to share with the Round Up? Email us at jetsettershomestead (at) gmail (dot) com.