We receive compensation for some links on this blog and are always grateful if you use these links to support our content. Any opinions expressed in this post are our own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by our advertising partners. ,
Don't miss our "21 Must-Have Essentials for Summer Travel" for 2017.
A new bonus opportunity to earn Delta SkyMiles without flying has arrived.
Members can gain 1,000 bonus miles for each “new” participating SkyMiles partner used (and earn miles with) from March 24, 2017 through June 30, 2017. (The member must not have earned miles with that partner between March 24, 2016 to March 23, 2017 to be considered a “new” partner.)
A few easy ideas from the Delta SkyMiles partner page:
- Shopping with partners like the Biscoff Store (because who doesn’t need more cookies?!), GILT, or SkyMiles Shopping
- SkyMiles Dining
- Mother’s Day flowers from FTD.com
- Car rentals (let’s face it… you can give up ONE Hertz or Avis credit for this promo instead)
- Hotel stays (perhaps an orphan stay with a program where you don’t otherwise accrue points)
- Partner airline activity (easier if you have upcoming international flights but also a possibility for a stray Alaska segment)
This promotion is not targeted but does require preregistration which can be done via this link.
As always, we advise always preregistering for offers like this. Even if you think you may not actually not be accruing any activity, you might!
We are always BIG fans of any promotion where you can earn frequent flyer miles in a program without opening a credit card. Even for a secondary program, its a great way to round out a balance for future award accrual balances.
That said, we cannot anticipate any major accumulation strategies from this promotion. But its still a way to top off balances for children and family members who travel less frequently without purchasing miles.
Passive opportunities to earn Delta SkyMiles without flying are always out there. But bonus opportunities are less common so this is at least an opportunity to pad accounts a bit more. There is not harm in registering so do it.
(h/t: Renes Points)