We receive compensation for some links on this blog and are always grateful if you use these links to support our content. Any opinions expressed in this post are our own, and have not been reviewed, approved, sponsored, or endorsed by our advertising partners unless otherwise specifically noted.
Don't miss our "21 Must-Have Essentials for Summer Travel" for 2017.
Summer is almost over. But if you are like me, you are vacationing late. I purposely scheduled my Grand Mediterranean cruise late so that I could get to Europe AFTER most of the Americans had left and not run into the summer break for Europeans. One other bonus is that I can compile my summer reading list based on what people actually read and enjoyed instead of relying on book reviews to tell me what SHOULD be hot!
I’ve not touched my reading since Memorial Day. My airplane routine has been too busy with work to edit. I’ve already stored up a backlog of about 100 magazine issues on Next Issue. Now I’m stocking up my Kindle using some of my Amazon credit to good use. My only requirement is that my vacation reads be entertaining and easy to read. (I read enough heavy stuff during the rest of the year… I want light and fluffy with my beach drinks when I’m poolside!)
Here are the ten books I’ve already downloaded which I think covers quite a bit of the great chick lit cranked out this summer:
- In the Unlikely Event – Judy Blume
- The Best of Enemies – Jen Lancaster
- Finding Audrey – Sophie Kinsella
- Who Do You Love – Jennifer Weiner
- The Knockoff – Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza
- The Woman Who Stole My Life – Marian Keyes
- Killing Monica – Candace Bush
- China Rich Girlfriend – Kevin Kwan
- Primates of Park Avenue – Wednesday Martin
- Beautiful You – Chuck Palahniuk (yes, I realize Palahniuk is neither light nor fluffy but I always have one twisted slot normally filled by Bret Easton Ellis or Gillian Flynn or Tom Wolfe so this fills that void!)
I checked out this summer reading list this morning. But I’m curious – what did YOU read that you loved? Did I miss a major must-read??!!